Monday, July 6, 2009

Starting Over

Well, here I am again. Back where I was when I started this blog. Overweight with too little exercise. But Ed and I are starting to walk again. His PT has given him the green light to get back to walking and then running. So beginning yesterday we started with walking 30 minutes (about 2 miles for us). We'll walk every day this week and beginning next week we start the 'Couch to 5K' nine week program that is a gradual progression that starts with walking, adds running intervals, and ends with all running for 30 minutes at a time.

We have really enjoyed the two Race for the Cure 5K's that we've walked this year and would love to do more Komen walks/runs as well as other 5K's this year, maybe even being able to run a full 5K by the end of the year.

No comments: