Well, I weighed last night at the gym and I was shocked. I didn't know how bad it was! I will not divulge it here. That will be my big secret. My plan will be to weigh on Wednesday nights when I go to the gym. I think that's a good day since it's not right after the weekend.
According to charts that I have looked at before, I should weigh around 130 lbs. but I know that that is not a healthy, maintainable weight for me. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be healthy and maintain my "womanly" figure. :)
My friend Dawn recommended that I count how many calories I'm eating each day now and calculate how many calories I need. I found some calorie calculators online that give you your suggested daily calories based on age, height, current weight, and activity level. Right now I should be eating anywhere between 1472 and 1750. Pretty big range. Dawn says you can eat on the upper end of the range on the days you exercise and on the lower end when you don't.
I am going to set a goal weight for myself (again, my secret), but am setting smaller goals along the way of 5 lbs. at a time and I'll post when I hit each mini-mark. I plan to re-access along the way to see how I'm feeling and looking and whether I need to loose more or just maintain.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment