Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fast Food?

I made my first attempt at eating out (other than the take-out Japanese over the weekend) today when I took the boys to Chick-Fil-A. I didn't have time to check to see if their menu was online before we headed out the door this morning and was trying to order while keeping two anxious boys in tow, but I still think I managed to make a pretty good choice: charbroiled chicken sandwich with a side salad and water. I split the little packet of Honey BBQ sauce between my sandwich and salad and added the sunflower kernels to the salad. I don't even like chicken (and therefore used to eat just waffle fries and yummy Polynesian sauce when I took Fletcher, very nutritious, not) but the sandwich with lettuce and tomato was not bad and better for me than fried nuggets and fries would have been. I did check out the website for Chick-Fil-A when I got home and used the nutritional information located there to add up my calories for the meal: 450 (not bad).

Great tip: more and more restaurants are putting their menus online, some with nutritional info, too, and if you know your going to be put in a situation to eat away from home, use these sites to help you plan your strategy and make a smart choice.

No comments: