Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 6

Today went well. I am maintaining my willpower and continue to feel satisfied. I went to a stamping event this morning where the host had Coke, sausage balls, pound cake, etc. (you get the idea) but I ignored it all and drank water. Yeah, me!

This counting calories thing is not easy. I thought I was way behind and did not have enough calories by lunch (only about 750 by then) since I had no morning snack so I added a bowl of cereal to my lunch. But then at dinner when I added up the fajitas (before eating and with a lot of help from the internet to get calories amounts) I realized that I had more calories than I really wanted for the day. Did you know that flour tortillas have 210 calories each?! Ed and I decided that next time we will look for a lighter version of tortillas, either corn or wheat.

We went to BJ's today and compared meal bars and realized the Special K ones I've been eating are not the best choice. South Beach Diet bars have a lot more fiber and protein with fewer calories and less sugar. So...I'll eat the bars I have left and then switch to South Beach bars plus some fruit for snacks.

No comments: